Marine Medium Voltage Cable
We offer marine medium voltage cables that maintains and achieves high performance in extreme marine conditions of cold, heat, humidity, vibration, etc.
- Rating Voltage: 3.6/6kV up to 18/30kV
- Certificates: ABS, DNV-GL, BV, LR, RS, RINA
- Insulation: XLPE or EPR Material
Marine Medium Voltage Cable
The marine medium voltage cable is widely used for MODUs (Mobile Offshore Drilling Units), commercial ships, and floating or fixed offshore facilities. The cable utilizes braided shields and versatile stranded conductors. It makes the marine MV cable very suitable for an operation that involves high vibration and repeated flexing. Moreover, the flexibility of marine MV cables enables one-end termination and multiple coiling of module offshore platforms.
We are leading marine medium voltage cable manufacturer in China that obtained RS, LR, ABS, DNV-GL, RINA, BV, and CCS type approval certificates. Our team aims to produce low smoke, flame retardant, fire-resistant, and halogen-free marine MV cable to protect the health and safety of every shipboard worker. We also support custom services to meet your different needs.
Medium voltage marine power cable is widely used on marine ship boards. It features flame retardant, low smoke, zero halogen and fire resistant.
The single-core marine medium voltage cable is used for electrical power system. It is marine type approved by main classification societies.
Our 3 cores medium voltage marine cable is in compliance with IEC 60092-354 standard and ABS, BV, LR, RINA, RMRS, and DNV-GL type approved.
Characteristics of Marine Medium Voltage Cable
Marine Medium Voltage Cable Standards
- IEC 60092-354:It is applicable to single core or three cores marine and offshore power cables with extruded insulation, conductor and core screening, having a rating voltage of one of the following: 3,6/6kV, 6/10kV, 8,7/15kV, 12/20kV, 18/30kV. The cables are intended for fixed installations.
- IEC 60332-3-22,Cat.A: It is a test for the assessment of vertical flame spread of vertically mounted bunched marine mv cables, under defined conditions.
- IEC 60754-1:Test on gases evolved during combustion of materials from medium voltage cables.
- IEC 61034-1:Measurement of smoke density of marine medium voltage cables burning under defined conditions.
Marine Medium Voltage Cable Structure
|Marine MV Cable Layer||Materials|
|Conductor||IEC 60228, circular compacted strand tinned copper|
|Conductor Screen||Semiconducting material|
|Insulation||XLPE or HF EPR|
|Insulation Screen||Copper tape and semiconducting material|
|Inner Covering||Halogen-free compound, SHF1 / SHF2|
|Amour||GSWB or TCWB|
|Outer Sheath||Halogen-free compound, SHF1 / SHF2|
Different Sizes of Marine Medium Voltage Cable
|Single Core||10mm2 to 400mm2|
|3 Cores||10mm2 to 150mm2|
|6/10kV||Single Core||16mm2 to 400mm2|
|3 Cores||16mm2 to 150mm2|
|8.7/15kV||Single Core||25mm2 to 400mm2|
|3-Core||25mm2 to 150mm2|
|12/20kV||Single Core||35mm2 to 400mm2|
|3-Core||35mm2 to 150mm2|
Larger sizes of ZTT marine MV cables are available upon request.
Custom Design Marine Medium Voltage Cables
For longevity and efficiency, marine medium voltage cable is tailored for installation when the bespoke cable is required. At ZTT, we have expert engineers to work with your design and meet your requirements.
Custom marine MV cables depend on the metallic screen size area that can be adjusted to change the earthing provisions and short circuit capacity. Our customized services are subject to improved testing in our high-end MV cable testing facility.
Your Reliable Marine Medium Voltage Cable Manufacturer in China
Different Insulation Materials for Marine MV Cable
- Improve the breakdown (dielectric) strength, reduce electrical losses, and hinder the growth of electrical trees.
- XLPE compounds are rated 90ºC for normal operation.
- Withstand degradation that would cause a failure of the insulation.
- Retain break-down (dielectric) strength in service over the life of the installation, give proper storage and handling of the cable prior to installation of the cable.
- Reliability, superior flexibility, and strong performance in wet application.
- Rated 105ºC for normal operation.